Friday, July 2, 2010

Be HaPpY! :)

As you can tell, I changed my blog design. I don't know if it will stay like this indefinitely, but for now, I really like it. It is a great reminder to look at my life each and every day and be happy! I know I am known in "blog world" and on Facebook as being the girl who overuses smiley faces. That's me! I wasn't nicknamed Smiley when I was young for nothin'! :)

I have always tried to find humor in day to day things. I have been known to laugh at inappropriate times. I do have an excuse for that one though...I believe it is in my genetic makeup; it is something that can't be helped. (thanks mom!) Although, I guess I can't blame all of my laughing skills on mom because I really do have a dumb sense of humor and Lord only knows that that comes from my dad. He and I have the same sense of humor and it really does crack me up. I am blessed to have grown up in a family where laughter was something that was heard on a daily basis. Even when we get together now we give ourselves a hardy ab workout. My sister's girls have fallen right in to the mold as well. They have commented on many occasions, "Mom, your family is crazy!" We would never deny it.

Unfortunately, there are many things in this life that try to suck the life and joy right out of us. In those hard times we have to chose to find those things in life(even if we have to create them) that make us smile, chuckle, giggle, laugh hysterically. The JOY of the Lord is our strength!



PS...If you are down and out and can't find a single thing to laugh about, come to my house. Even if I have to stick you in front of one of the many mirrors in my house and make you watch yourself ugly cry...you will leave my house with, at the very least...a smile :)

3 comments:

Having It All said...

Oh yes. You always put a smile on my face!!! Your blog looks great! I love you so much! (I think I am the one who may be known for using too many exclamation points!)

!

Unknown said...

Keep smiling smiley! You make my heart sing! (and laugh)
Love ya......

Yo sista said...

Finally, a blog post! Woohoo! I love laughing with you! Have an awesome day, Smiley!