Thursday, July 8, 2010

And she shall be called...TIA!

I have several different roles in life and each one plays a very special part of who I am...daughter, sister, sister-in-law, teacher, colleague, friend.

BUT...On June 3, 1996, I was blessed to add one of my favorite roles to the mix...TIA. (For those of you who don't live on the Mexico border, that means aunt.) Little "Mana" was born three days after my high school graduation and I couldn't have been more thrilled! Since that day, 5 more little munchkins have been added: Mana, Kater Bug, Libby, Sweet Pea, Teeny, and Brother.





The last 14 years have gone by so quickly. Seems like yesterday Mana was born and now she is a whole head taller than me. I am so glad that I am secure in my "shortness" because I am the measuring stick of the family and two have already passed me! I love it. Sweet Pea looked at me the other day and said, "Man Tia, you're short!" I replied, "Yip, I bet you will be taller than me when you're 10." She quickly responded with a slight giggle, "Probably when I'm 6!"

Favorite things about being Tia
I LOVE:

~that all of them still run up to me and hug me when I walk through the door

~all of them still sit in my lap or come jump on me when laying in bed

~talking to them on the phone

~getting emails from Mana (eager to get emails from the others when they are able to get an account)

~that 5 out of the 6 have bitten me at least once (give brother a couple months, I'm sure he will be added to the list) We got Kater Bugs chomp on video---Yes, I think it is funny! It is called what-goes-around-comes-around. I bit my great-grandmother's face!

~sitting by them in church

~tickling their backs, faces, and arms and especially when they play with my hair or tickle my back. Thanks Libby ;)I have been know to pay $$ for it because it feels so good!

~that they keep me in line!
I took my brother's two girls out on the town a few days ago. When we were heading home we were listening to Rise and Shine and give God the glory, glory! Well...I have my own dance moves to the song and thought I should teach them the moves. Teeny looked at me from the back seat and said, "Tia, you need to keep your hands on the wheel and watch the woad (road)." Then Sweet Pea chimed in..."Teeny, I'm with ya on that one!"

~that they make up their own names for me: Tia-pia-Santa Maria, Tida, TT

~watching all of their tricks (sports, rodeo, trampoline, dancing, skunk spraying etc)

~going swimming, four wheeler rides, Mayborn Museum

~making cookie dough and eating all the dough

~playing mama/baby, horses, and being the jungle gym

~getting little ones in and out of the car

~listening to their laughter

And the list could go on and on!

Each one of them has such a special place in my heart. I love them all so much and am thrilled to be their TIA!


Mana sporting her "I love Tia" heart.



Feeding little Kater Bug



The day Libby was born!



Being Silly at Alamo Village



Christmas Fun



Little Bundled up Brother



Ranch Divas



The real us!

Thanks for all the wonderful memories! I can't wait to make many many more :)

1 comment:

Having It All said...

You are the best Tia in the universe! You have been afforded a very unique perspective in each of these girls', oh ya, and boy's lives. I am so thankful my girls have you!

What great pics!