Friday, July 16, 2010

Be Bold!

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6

I recently heard a story that I can't get off of my mind because it touched me so deeply. It is a true story and it happened just a few days ago. Although the details may not be written down perfectly (because I was not an eye witness...even though I wish I would've been), I think it is the big picture that counts.

Someone very dear to me was in the hospital for a few days. As you can imagine, it was a very stressful time for all who were involved. We are very blessed to know that our hope comes from the Lord and that He is the only one who can give us strength for each and every day.

And the story starts here...
As this couple was leaving the hospital something amazing happened. They were in the elevator with several other people; a little seven year old boy was among them. As he asked what floor each person was going, he followed with..."Does everyone in here know Jesus?" Then he and his mother asked if anyone was in need of prayer!

WOW! I am amazed at the whole situation. I LOVE how this mother is teaching her son to be bold in sharing Jesus to strangers at such a young age. I love how they purposefully sought out to encounter people who were hurting and in need of prayer or more importantly...a SAVIOR!

If a story like this does not call us to action, then I don't know what will! I have to admit that it was very convicting to me on many different levels. What am I doing for the kingdom of God? How many times have I been bold enough to say within a crowd of people, "Does everyone in here know Jesus?" Let's step up to the plate and make a difference. And if you have children, there's not a better time than the present to teach them how to stand up and be bold for the Lord.

Can you imagine what kind of man of God this little boy will become?! What a blessing he has in his mother for training him in the way he should go.

No comments: