Monday, October 11, 2010

The deep deep LoVe of Jesus!


I LOVE THIS SONG!!

I heard this song for the first time yesterday in church. If I would have allowed it I would have broke down into the ugly cry. I will never fully understand the deep love of Christ this side of heaven, but I feel I grasp a tiny glimpse from time to time. It is truly overwhelming to me.

A character in a book once said, "I cling to the promises of Christ. That HE alone is enough, that HE is all I need. That serving HIM is all the life, all the love I could ever want, all by itself." I remember reading those words a few years ago and becoming deeply grieved. For in that moment, I knew the Lord was asking me if I could say the same. Sadly, I knew I could not say wholeheartedly that HE alone is enough. It broke my heart!! I so desperately wanted it to be true of me, but I also knew that God could not be fooled. He knew my heart and HE was holding it up saying, "Ok, let's deal with this. You've gone on like this long enough!"

I would like to say that was the beginning of great things, but actually it was quite the opposite. I chose my own rebellious way for a while. I decided to be stubborn and dig my heals in because HE wouldn't give me the one thing I wanted...a husband. This realization proved to me that I never believed that He ALONE is enough, that He is all I need. Nothing would do, nothing would make me "happy" but God AND a husband!! It took about four years...lots of tears...lots of crying out to God...repentance...before I could see and know deep within me that HE truly is all I need.

I'm certainly not where I want to be in life, but I praise Him that I am not where I was four years ago. I am deeply amazed at the deep deep love of Jesus. I know my rebellious ways of the past and still His love for me is immeasurable!! I stand in awe.

>>♪ Oh the deep, deep love...All I need and trust...Is the deep, deep love of Jesus ♫

I hope you experience it today.

2 comments:

Lindy said...

I, too, am so thankful that you are not where you were 4 years ago. And I can say the same about myself. Thank you for sharing. We could all use a little perspective like this now and again. Love you so much!!

Amanda said...

Good post! Love ya!