Sunday, August 2, 2009

Getting Started

I have to admit that as I was thinking about a blog the title came to me rather quickly. The picture, however, was all God's doing. My first thought was to have a picture of a woman in Paris shopping or laying out on the beach somewhere....Then having a picture of a crying baby, nagging husband and baggage to the side with an X over each one. The description was going to read...Ahhh the single life! No baggage!! :) But then that really isn't my picture of being single at all.
You see, since I am almost 31 and still single, this has been one of my biggest adventures. Though it has been tough, I can honestly say I wouldn't trade it for the world!! The Lord has used this time in my life to purify me and humble me. At times I have kicked and screamed and all out wanted to punch HIM for not giving me a man...right now!! HE has always brought me back to the place of knowing that HIS timing is perfect, HE really does love me through all my fits, and HE really does know what is best for me.
So back to the picture and the scripture...that was HIS picture for me (from the poem Footprints in the Sand). Though life has not always gone exactly as I have planned, HE has proven time and time again that HE will NEVER leave me. And for that...I give HIM praise. HE really is worthy of it!!

2 comments:

Having It All said...

I'm so excited that you started a blog! You are wonderful!

Amanda Frerich said...

I love it! Keep on writing! Love ya!